Flavor of Georgia
Flavor of Georgia Showcases delicious, innnovative, market-ready prototypes or commercially available food products.
Entries are judged on technical aspects such as flavor, texture, and ingredient profile. Also considered are potential market volume, consumer appeal and how well the product represents Georgia.
The Contest has succeeded in helping increase exposure, publicity, business contacts and sales for finalists. More than 1,000 products have entered since the Contest began in 2007.
Why enter your product?
- Each entry is featured in the print and digital directory, including a professional product photo and brief overview, which gets seen by many decision makers in the food industry.
- Past contestants report that the additional exposure and networking provides benefits to their business.
- Finalists will receive personalized press releases, use of the customized Flavor of Georgia logo on their label and promotional materials, and the opportunity to present their product to a panel of food industry experts.
- Finalists also receive a one-year 'Silver' level Georgia Grown membership, compliments of the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
- The 2016 Grand Prize Winner will receive a complimentary exhibit space at the Georgia Food Industry Association Annual Conference and three complimentary consultations for the UGA Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center (FoodPIC) on product or process design, ingredient functionality, sensory testing and/or shelf life determination.
The Flavor of Georgia contest is hosted and organized annually by the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development with the support of the Georgia Department of Agriculture, Center for Innovation for Agribusiness, Walton EMC and the Georgia Agribusiness Council.